Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

DIY Thursday : Chalkboard Fridge

So this week, I decided to take a note from Pinterest and turn my fridge into a big chalkboard! I loved the idea of having a central location to write down everything like chores, dinner ideas, and little messages! It turned out really awesome and it works too! I am loving it so far and it's only the first day. The only downside is the chalk dust that gets on the floor when you erase but nothing a little broom won't fix!

Anyways, I bought Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint, a foam paint roller, a paint edger, a paint tray,
and painters tape. It all added up to $30, which for an entire fridge makeover isn't bad!

The DIY is fairly simply. I had to sand the entire front of my fridge, then clean it. I put on two coats of the paint, leaving four hours in between each coat. The directions then indicate to allow three days to cure the paint before writing on it. I mean, if you follow the directions on the can, you really can't go wrong!

The end result is an AWESOME chalkboard fridge! I am in love with it!

Anyways, that's today's DIY!

Prayers & Love
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment